Our Interlibrary Loan system is separate from Search It. You must set up your profile the first time you use it. Global Campus, Everett, and Research & Extension Center employees and students should use the Pullman login.
- WSU Pullman Interlibrary Loan Login
- WSU Spokane Interlibrary Loan Login
- WSU Vancouver Interlibrary Loan Login
Making a request
You can use Interlibrary Loan to request
- books from other libraries
- articles not available online
- scans of articles or chapters we own in print
To request an item:
- First, register an Interlibrary Loan account through your campus Interlibrary Loan login page.
- Login and submit your requests using your Interlibrary Loan account. Or select “Request article” in Search It.
- We will email you when your item is available in your Interlibrary Loan account.
- Use your account to track due dates of your items and updates on your requests.
Fill out as many fields on the request form as you can, so our staff can submit your request.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact us: email@example.com, 509.335.9672 (voice), or 509.335.0934 (fax).
Book loan policies
The library we borrow from determines the policies for Interlibrary Loan items. We do not determine the due date, ability to renew, or other restrictions.
- Global Campus students: we will send items to your mailing address
- Research/Extension employees: we will send items to your research/extension office.
- WSU Pullman campus affiliates – away from campus: we will send items to your mailing address.
Scans of articles or book chapters
When you request an article or a book chapter, we will usually send you a digital copy. You can request digitization of articles and book chapters for print material we own. Copyright restrictions apply.
You can see the status of your requests in your Interlibrary Loan account on main page under “Outstanding Requests.” If you have additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
When your items arrive, we will send you an email. We hold your items at the access services desk of the library you chose as the “Pickup Location” when you registered an Interlibrary Loan account.
Pickup locations – Pullman
WSU Pullman Campus libraries are currently closed due to COVID. Pickup locations are limited to Locker Holds and Home Delivery. Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.
Returns and Renewals
You can return items to any other WSU campus library. In Pullman, we have all-hours book return slots at Holland and Terrell and the Owen Library. You can also mail items back to us. To return by mail, university students and employees may fill out this form to request a mailing label. If you return at your own expense, please address to: Holland and Terrell Libraries, Access Service, PO Box 645610, Pullman, WA 99164-5610.
Request a renewal by logging in to your Interlibrary Loan account and selecting Renew. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, 3 to 4 days before your item is due.
Requests we can’t make
Textbooks or books for reserve. Interlibrary loan does not replace purchasing textbooks or using reserve materials. Most items through Interlibrary loan have due dates within two to four weeks and some do not allow renewals.
Sheet music. We cannot scan more than 10% of a musical work under copyright law. We will only request music to be used in public performances under unusual circumstances.
Borrowing standard for Lending Libraries
We use Interlibrary Loan Code for the United States of the American Library Association’s Reference and User Services Association (RUSA), and other regional agreements.
For libraries interested in borrowing materials from WSU Libraries, please see Interlibrary Loan – Lending Services.