Special Circumstances: Remote Resources And Guidance
For research support:
- If you have questions about library sources, locating full-text content, tracking down citations, etc., librarians can consult with you using Zoom, over the phone, through chat, or via email.
- Ask Us 24/7 Chat Support
- Find Your Subject Librarian
Delivery and Access Options:
- On-Campus Office delivery
- Pickup Location Away from Campus (WSU Affiliates Only): After selecting “Request” on a specific item in Search It, select “WSU Pullman Away from Campus” as the Pickup Location. We will mail your material to you within the United States. We are extending this service to all patrons, including those within the City of Pullman and are providing postage-paid return labels for all items, at least for the duration of Spring semester, 2020
- Electronic Document Delivery: We will scan articles and chapters from items within our collections (within the bounds of copyright) and send them electronically. Please fill out the Interlibrary Loan form to make a request.
Physical Resource Return
SPECIAL NOTICE: We have turned on automatic renewals for six-week loans of WSU material for undergraduates, community users, and Summit Visiting users until fall semester 2020. Graduate students and faculty should already have their materials checked out through September 28, 2020. You are free to return items, of course. Holland and Terrell has an outside book return available on the Terrell Mall. Owen and the Animal Health Libraries also have book drops located near their entrances.
Please note that for at least the rest of Spring semester, we are able to extend due dates for Summit and most Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) material, but you are free to return these items, as well. For Pullman patrons, if you have any material you want to return by mail, please contact us at 509-335-9672 and we will send you a postage-paid address label. Vancouver, Tri-Cities, and Spokane patrons, please use the contact information in the following links for open hours and directions on how to return or renew material: WSU-Vancouver, WSU-Tri-Cities, and WSU-Spokane.
If you live near other Summit libraries you may return Summit items there. Please be aware that some libraries may be closed. Contact your home library (see links above) if you have questions.
For library instruction:
- Librarians can meet with your class using Zoom.
- Librarians can create online activities for your students and share the results with you.
- Librarians can create online guides to help highlight sources and services for a class or for a particular assignment.
- Librarians can consult with students individually, or in groups, using Zoom, via email, or over the phone.
- Librarian’s office hours may include online availability via Zoom.
- Contact Library Instruction
Other services that may be of use
- LibKey Nomad and Accessing Articles from Off-Campus
- Library Designee cards if you’d like someone to check items out of the library for you