Remote services during Covid-19
While we remain closed to promote the public health of all our community members, we offer most of our services remotely. (Last updated: October 28, 2020)
Access expanded online books
Find online books with HathiTrust’s Emergency Temporary Access Services in Search It for the WSU community.
- Look for “HathiTrust ETAS” in the call number.
- After clicking on the item result, select the red button under “Request Options” for HathiTrust ETAS.
- Select WSU as your institution.
- Your item will be the first result, select Temporary Access, and Check Out.
Request physical items
You can still get physical items while our buildings are closed. Depending on the item, choose from locker pickup, home delivery, or scans.
Locker pickup in Pullman
On campus or in town? You can use contactless locker pickup.
Select “Pullman Locker Pickup” when requesting an item. We will check the item out, put it in a locker, and email you instructions. You can pick up items 24/7 and we’ll hold them for 7 days.
Lockers are just west of Terrell Library main entrance off the mall in the Terrell Parking Garage elevator lobby
Mailed to your home
Select “Pullman Home Delivery” as your pickup location when requesting an item.
We will mail items to any WSU Pullman employee or student within the United States, including those in Pullman. Make sure your home address is up-to-date in myWSU.
Don’t worry about paying to mail items back! We’ll provide you prepaid postage. View steps for selecting Pullman Home Delivery.
Scans of articles or book chapters
If you need an article or a book chapter and we have a physical copy, we will scan them for you. Make an Interlibrary loan request.
Email email@example.com with any questions about getting physical items.
Return books and other physical items
We encourage you to hold on to your items while buildings are closed and have renewed most items through the end of the year!
On campus or in Pullman? Place items in book drops outside library entrances.
Not returning to WSU due to graduation or transfer? WSU Pullman affiliates can return items by mail! We will send a postage-paid address label to you. Email your current mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other campuses, please contact your campus library with questions on how to return material:
You may return Summit items to any Summit library.
Questions on our resources, locating full-text, or tracking down citations? We will help through:
- Chat with WSU librarians available Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, other librarians online 24/7. Ask us a question!
- Zoom. Make an appointment.
- Email us at email@example.com. For complex, subject-specific questions, contact your subject librarian.
Request class instruction
Our librarians can help you with your course by providing
- Remote instruction via Zoom with your class. Schedule a class.
- Online instructional activities, and sharing the results.
- Guides highlighting sources & services for assignments or class.
- Student consultations (1-on-1 or in groups) over Zoom, email, or phone. Book a session.