Special Circumstances: Remote Resources And Guidance
For research support:
- If you have questions about library sources, locating full-text content, tracking down citations, etc., librarians can consult with you using Zoom, over the phone, through chat, or via email.
- Ask Us 24/7 Chat Support
- Find Your Subject Librarian
- Free and Expanded Access to Electronic Resources
Delivery and Access Options:
In order to provide swift access to our resources, we are participating in HathiTrust’s Emergency Temporary Access Services. A significant percentage of our physical books are available via HathiTrust’s ETAS and will be available digitally in Search It to WSU Students and employees until the Libraries re-open.
For items not available through the HathiTrust’s ETAS, these delivery services are available:
- Pullman Locker Pickup: For most items available at WSU and through Summit, when selecting “Request” on a specific item in Search It, choose “Pullman Locker Pickup” as the pickup location. Material will be checked out to you and held in a locker for you for seven days. Lockers are located in the Terrell Parking Garage elevator lobby on the mall level. You can collect your holds 24/7. Locker Pickups also available for Community Users. Specific information about how to collect your material will be emailed to you at the time your material is checked out. Pullman Locker Pickup is also available for ILLiad (Interlibrary Loan.)
- Pullman Home Delivery: For most items available at WSU and through Summit, when selecting “Request” on a specific item in Search It, choose “Pullman Home Delivery” as your pickup location. We will mail your material to you within the United States. Please be sure your address is up-to-date at myWSU. We are extending mailing service to all Pullman Campus University affiliates, including those within the City of Pullman, and are providing postage-paid return labels for all items, at least for the duration of Fall semester 2020. Home Delivery is also available for ILLiad (Interlibrary Loan).
- Electronic Document Delivery: We will scan articles and chapters from items within our collections (within the bounds of copyright) and send them electronically. Please fill out the Interlibrary Loan form to make a request.
- Questions about holds and pickups? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Physical Resource Return
SPECIAL NOTICE: We have turned on automatic renewals for most material through fall semester 2020. Graduate/professional students, staff, and faculty should already can renew loans due September 28, 2020, starting August 24, 2020. You are free to return items, of course. Holland and Terrell has an outside book return available on the Terrell Mall. Owen and the Animal Health Libraries also have book drops located near their entrances.
Please note that for at least the rest of Fall semester, we are able to extend due dates for Summit and most Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) material, but you are free to return these items, as well. For Pullman patrons, if you have any material you want to return by mail, please email us at email@example.com and include your current mailing address and we will send you a postage-paid address label. Vancouver, Tri-Cities, and Spokane patrons, please use the contact information in the following links for open hours and directions on how to return or renew material: WSU-Vancouver, WSU-Tri-Cities, and WSU-Spokane.
If you live near other Summit libraries you may return Summit items there. Please be aware that some libraries may be closed. Contact your home library (see links above) if you have questions.
For library instruction:
- Librarians can meet with your class using Zoom.
- Librarians can create online activities for your students and share the results with you.
- Librarians can create online guides to help highlight sources and services for a class or for a particular assignment.
- Librarians can consult with students individually, or in groups, using Zoom, via email, or over the phone.
- Librarian’s office hours may include online availability via Zoom.
- Contact Library Instruction
Other services that may be of use
- LibKey Nomad and Accessing Articles from Off-Campus
- Library Designee cards if you’d like someone to check items out of the library for you