Borrowing Materials | Global Campus
Library materials you request will be checked out to you and placed in the mail within two to three working days once we have the item(s) in hand. Material from Summit, Interlibrary Loan, or branch campuses, may take several days to come to us. You will receive a loan receipt when the material is checked out to you.
- Material is not mailed outside of the United States.
- No materials in non-circulating collections (reference, course reserves) may be requested. Please contact us for options to request the material elsewhere or for possible scanning of chapters email@example.com
- Your materials will be shipped by US Mail, using Priority Mail flat rate boxes or envelopes.
- All mail has to go through Pullman Campus Central Mailing and this may add a day or two to expected mailing time
Reciprocal Borrowing via Summit
As part of the Orbis-Cascade Consortium, WSU patrons are able to check out books from any of the 35+ member libraries in Washington, Oregon, and the University of Idaho. Summit is the embedded system within WSU’s Search IT library catalog that allows students to see materials from these participating libraries.
Books circulate for six weeks with no renewal, and can be designated to be picked up by you at any WSU Libraries, any Summit library, or mailed to you from the WSU Pullman Libraries (this option will take longer).
Students, faculty, and staff who are currently enrolled or employed at Orbis-Cascade institutions may have borrowing privileges when visiting other Summit libraries. If you are located near a Summit library, you can borrow from it as a Summit Visiting Patron, or pick up the books there that you have requested via Summit.
Note: You MUST have a valid WSU ID (Cougar Card), and you will be asked to log into your account to verify your WSU status and expiration date.
Materials that WSU Libraries and Summit libraries do not own may be requested via Interlibrary Loan.
Returning Borrowed Books
Enclosed with your items will be a postage-paid return address label. Once you are done with the materials, repackage them in the original box or in a separate mailing envelope provided to you, affix the label, and drop the box off at the post office.
- If the box is damaged, the post office will provide Priority Mail boxes and supplies free of charge.
- If you lose the postage-paid address label, contact our mailing technician, Nancy Beebe, (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will send you another.
- Be aware that once materials (books, etc.) you have requested are checked out and mailed to you, you are responsible for these materials. Any fines or fees for anything that happens to the material (damage, misdelivered, or lost items) in transit to or from you are your responsibility. There are very rarely any problems with the delivery of items, especially if you maintain your current and correct address within MyWSU.
Renew Checked Out Items
WSU Global Campus students may renew library materials checked out from WSU Libraries by accessing their Library account (Summit books cannot be renewed, request renewals of Interlibrary Loan material through ILLiad). To Access self-renewal:
- Go to Search It.
- Log in using your WSU Network ID and password (use the same Network ID credentials you use for My WSU).
- Click on My Account (upper right).
- Click on the Loans link (left side) (you will likely be in the “loans” area by default).
- Click on “Renew All” to renew all of your items, or select the items you want to renew and click “Renew Selected”.
- WSU media items are allowed one renewal.
You will be blocked from renewal if:
- The MAXIMUM number of renewals setting for an item has been reached;
- If an item is in lost status in your account.
WSU Libraries’ Fine Policies
WSU Global Campus students are subject to the same restrictions and procedures as Pullman campus students.
You may direct any questions or concerns to the Access Services Manager, Sue Shipman. email@example.com