How Do I… Request the Full-Text of a Journal Article?
How to Request a Journal Article
If you search for an article and find out that we don’t have a full text version available online, you can request to have a scanned copy sent to you through our Interlibrary Loan service (which usually takes between 24 and 48 hours).
- Click on the search result in Search It
- Scroll down to “Availability and Request Options”
- Make sure you’re signed into Search It with your WSU Network ID and password
- After signing in, you should see a red button appear that says “Request Article”:
- After clicking this, you’ll be prompted to sign into our Interlibrary Loan service called “ILLiad.”
- Login to ILLiad using the same WSU Network ID and password
- If it’s your very first time using ILLiad, first you’ll be prompted to fill out some information and choose your pickup and notification preferences.
- Once you login to ILLiad, the information fields for your article should fill automatically. Double-check that it’s correct, and click the submit button at the bottom of the page.
- Accessing your article
- You will get an email when your article is ready to view. It will have a link to login to ILLiad, which is where your article will be available to view and download. Your article will be available to view and download for 30 days
To see the request process in action, take a look at this video about requesting full-text articles through Search It: