WSU Libraries Coronavirus COVID-19 Updates and Resources
Last updated July 31, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Changes to Operations
Libraries Hours (Access Services): WSU Pullman Libraries buildings will be closed to the public (staff, faculty, students, and community members) through Fall Semester 2020. Future changes to operations will be announced on this alert page and on the Libraries Hours page ongoing as the situation evolves.
- Holland and Terrell Reference Hours via Chat, Email, Phone will remain the same through the end of spring semester, but the physical/in-person reference desk will be closed for the rest of the semester.
- Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC) Remote reference service is available at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-335-6691.
- Research Consultations: For the remainder of Summer Semester, Librarian Research Help Consultations will be available by appointment, via Zoom.
- Summit borrowing and lending was suspended on March 23, 2020, but will return on August 3, 2020. We now have the ability to extend due dates on all currently checked out Summit loans. Please call 509-335-9672 if you need due date extensions or if you have concerns.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad): The closure of many libraries in the US and abroad has affected our ability to get physical material through Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) but we are currently still attempting to get your requests for you. Please see other information on this page about delivery options.
Pullman physical resources (books, government documents, AV, etc): Items checked out before and after the closure are set to automatically renew if not returned. Fines will not accrue. The only exception is reserve material. See our Remote Access and Guidance page for more information about delivery services during the closure.
Find many of these changes reflected in our Quick Guide to Modified Library Operations (PDF).
Gifts: The Libraries is asking donors to refrain from delivering gifts during this time, until further notice.
Remote Services and Contingency Plans for Users
Learn how to access services and materials remotely and special considerations for keeping/returning materials during limited and/or suspended operations on the Special Circumstances: Remote Resources And Guidance page.
Additional Updates and Resources from WSU
For up-to-date information on WSU policies and procedures regarding coronavirus, visit WSU Coronavirus COVID-19 Updates.