WSU Libraries Coronavirus COVID-19 Updates and Resources
Last updated March 20, 2020 at 9:00 p.m.
Changes to Operations
Libraries Hours (Access Services): WSU Libraries will be closed to the public (staff, faculty, students, and community members) effective March 21, 2020. Future changes to operations will be announced on this alert page and on the Libraries Hours page ongoing as the situation evolves.
- Holland and Terrell Reference Hours via Chat, Email, Phone will remain the same through the end of spring semester, but the physical/in-person reference desk will be closed for the rest of the semester.
- Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections (MASC) Remote reference service is available at email@example.com or 509-335-6691.
- Research Consultations: For the remainder of Spring Semester, Librarian Research Help Consultations will be available by appointment, via Zoom.
- Summit borrowing and lending will be suspended on March 23, 2020. We now have the ability to extend due dates on all currently checked out Summit loans. Please call 509-335-9672 if you need due date extensions or if you have concerns.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad): The closure of many libraries in the US and abroad has affected our ability to get physical material through Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) but we are currently still attempting to get your requests for you. Please see other information on this page about delivery options.
Pullman physical resources (books, government documents, AV, etc): Items checked out before and after the closure are set to automatically renew if not returned. Fines will not accrue. The only exception is reserve material. See our Remote Access and Guidance page for more information about delivery services during the closure.
Gifts: The Libraries is asking donors to refrain from delivering gifts during this time, until further notice.
- Crimson Reads Celebration – Originally scheduled for March 27 has been cancelled.
- Edible Book Festival – Originally scheduled for April 3 has been cancelled
- Atrium Music – This series has been cancelled for the rest of the semester
- Library Excellence Award – Postponed to a date TBA
Remote Services and Contingency Plans for Users
Learn how to access services and materials remotely and special considerations for keeping/returning materials during limited and/or suspended operations on the Special Circumstances: Remote Resources And Guidance page.
Additional Updates and Resources from WSU
For up-to-date information on WSU policies and procedures regarding coronavirus, visit WSU Coronavirus COVID-19 Updates.